In the previous articles, we went through many of the log splitter problems together and how to choose the best log splitter. However, you still do not know how the log splitters are divided into categories and based on what criteria to classify them. Right now, in the article below, I will share with you two easy-to-understand and straightforward log splitters.
Log splitters can be categorized into Hydraulic models and Kinetic models.
Two types of hydraulic log splitters are electric and gas. These are the most common types of log splitters on the market.
- The hydraulic log splitter creates a pressure to push the cup wedge through its separation log. These log splitters are not easy to use and are not very efficient when cutting uneven logs.
- These log splitters are available in a variety of payloads, from splitting forces of 8 tons to 30 tons or more.
- These log splitters are also available vertically or horizontally.
- Although hydraulic machines are mighty, they are very slow and besides, this log splitters have a cycle time of only 13-20 seconds. Therefore, they are not very fast.
There is a difference between electric hydraulic log splitter and gas hydraulic log splitter is the power source; while one needs electricity, the other needs gas or gas.
These log splitters operate on a completely different principle. They use flywheel to store and use energy from the engine. They are a bit rare but are more powerful and effective than hydraulic log splitters.
- When the power is turned on, the energy stored in the flywheel is released and this is when the lever is activated. This power is directed at the rack and pinion with great force to split a log. It allows the ram to return to its original position very quickly, and the whole process takes only 3 seconds.
- The number of split records per hour is much higher than that of hydraulic ones.
- The gas used by the kinetic log splitter is a quarter of the gas used by the hydraulic units.
Therefore, both user-friendly costs and the efficiency of work we can achieve are more kinetically log splitter than hydraulic log splitter.
Log splitters are also often categorized according to the direction of horizontal and vertical division.
The log splitter is divided horizontally
Most of the log splitters which are famous in the market are horizontal log splitters. They are a favorite product for home users because they are ideal for small records, light, and easy to carry.
They are easy to assemble and can be placed close to the ground, so the physical stress of lifting and placing logs is limited. Most models come with height adjustment, and you can set the log splitter at a height convenient for you to prevent unnecessary stress on the back.
- The horizontal log splitter can handle logs with a diameter of 14 inches and a length of 21 inches most of the time.
- It is suitable for wood used in fireplaces, stoves, and burners.
- They are compact and lightweight.
- Most models are electric.
- The log splitters can be used both indoors and outdoors.
The log splitter is divided vertically
If you are finding out a log splitter to split extensive records without lifting them, the vertical log splitter is what you need. These log splitters are designed to cut logs while they are still on the ground.
- This log splitter is ideal for separating large logs that are difficult to lift off the ground.
- It is suitable for both hardwoods and softwoods.
- They occupy a reasonably large area and require more space.
- They are available in both electric and gas models.
An additional advantage with vertical log splitters is that most models can switch between horizontal and upright positioning, allowing you more flexibility in the type of wood you want to split. In these models, the log splitter can be lowered to the ground, and the log is rolled back before lifting the log splitter back to a horizontal position. This way, you can split both large and small diaries.
Another hydraulic log splitter you should know about is a hydraulic log splitter in which the log splitter is attached to the tractor. Make sure you choose a model that is compatible with your tractor model. It is used commercially and quite rarely in the domestic environment.
Log splitters are quite prevalent today in the market as well as in jobs that require a separation of wood to suit the needs and output to be achieved. They are quite diverse in design as well as shape and size, so they are also divided into different categories. The information above I have just shared with you about the simplest log splitter currently. Hopefully, what we have learned together so far can help you confidently learn for your work as well as your family the best log splitter.